We have all kinds of interesting cat happenings here. Once I adopted the cutest calico kitty (in picture, right) from an alley and come to find out a 10 year old girl was missing it and my neighbor kids helped rescue it from my house. Then another neighbor brought it back to me. It was so traumatizing. So the latest story--we have had Tricky, a black cat our neighbors got from a gas station, for a year. Then a scrawny wild kitty that is also black has been hanging around since winter. Garrett calls it Hockitt. All this time it has never once let us hold it, and it's so jumpy. It bolts away all the time, but it eats our cat food. So today Garrett left the door open and it got in our house. I was mowing the lawn and Garrett was chasing it all over the house. When I came in, I tried to get it out with a broom and by spraying it with a spray bottle to make it mad and run for the door. He got mad alright, but he didn't run for the door. He jumped up on the table by Shay (who SCREAMED) did a chin up on the window sill, and ran downstairs. I sent the kids outside so I could think straight. I called Matt and left him a message that he says is quite hillarious, and kept calling him about 17 more times. He was in Burley and could not help. I tried getting the cat into a box, so I could throw a blanket on the top and throw it in the garbage or something. I was too freaked out to wrestle the thing though. When Matt called me back I told him to bring home something to kill the dumb thing. Then prayers be realized, I saw the animal control man drive by. I was going to flag him down but I wasn't quick enough. So I called and got his secretary who sent him over. He was a bald, tanned, stern looking figure who got the job done. He asked if I knew who the cat belonged to, I said, "As far as I know it's a stray" And now you know...the rest of the story.
That is too funny! Sounds like a fun experience :)
ReplyDeleteThat story is hilarious! I was laughing the whole time trying to picture your face while all this was happening. I just keep thinking that I wish I could have heard that message you left on Matts phone. The craziest and funniest things always happen to you Anita.
ReplyDeleteHockitt? hahaha, you crack me up anners!
ReplyDelete