Friday, August 13, 2010

Walk to Cure Diabetes




Last year, my sister participated in the juvenile diabetes research foundation's "walk to find a cure", a fundraiser for diabetes research. It is going to be Sept. 18 in Idaho Falls. We are participating this year too. I think it will do Garrett good to see all the people there (old and young) who deal with diabetes, and see others who wear pumps. He has his hard days. The other day I had to change his site (where the insulin goes into his skin through tubing) because it wasn't in very well, and his blood sugar was high and he was grumpy. He yelled, "I am not having diabetes anymore when I am 6!" It may not be age 6 when he can get rid of it, but hopefully some day.

If you want to donate (any amount. $1 even), then check out this link! Thanks! Annie

http://walk.jdrf.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=extranet.personalpage&confirmid=87730841

1 comment:

  1. I'll be living in Boise by September 18th, but I'll be rooting you on from there! Garrett is such a cute little guy full of loads of personality. You should be proud to be his Mother. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete